The Fitness Australia survey for business members identified “Exercise is Medicine” will be the hottest trend in the fitness industry for 2020.

Barrie Elvish, Fitness Australia CEO advised “having our members identify exercise as a medicine as the top trend for 2020 reinforces that preventive health should be at the top of the Australian health agenda. Through the Exercise is Medicine program, doctors are provided resources to assist with recommending exercise to their patients – as obesity levels continue to rise it has never been more important for primary care practitioners to take a proactive approach to exercise prescription as a form of preventive medicine.”

Linking health care providers with fitness providers go towards the governmental goals to get Australians more active and healthy. Almost four million Australians are members of fitness clubs – around 15% of the population – for these business owners as well as the rest of the industry, reaching a portion of the remaining 85% of the population has to be a goal.

Read full article page 1 and page 2.

By: Fitness Australia - Posted on: