Nomination for the Outdoors Queensland Awards 2022 are NOW OPEN and CLOSE ON 24 AUGUST 2022. The Awards recognise and reward excellence in the outdoor recreation community. The Awards celebrate individuals, organisations, programs, events and activities that have been successful in significantly improving outcomes for participants, clients and communities.
Of particular mention, the AQIA (sponsored) Workforce Development Award is open to any organisation that supports workforce development by taking on trainee employees/volunteers, provides in-house training or supports workers to undertake external training. They should meet all or some of the Essential Criteria, and in addition, they may have demonstrated excellence through one or more:
- Commitment to personal and career development of workers
- Consistent high quality in-house training delivery
- Provision of support for workers to undertake education and/or training with Registered Training Organisations or universities
- Trainee positions offered to a diverse range of people and abilities
- Incorporating a commitment to the Australian Adventure Activity Standard (AAAS) within worker training
Click here for more information and to nominate – https://outdoorsqueensland.com.au/resources/public-events-master/outdoors-queensland-awards/#5