The Active Queenslanders Industry Alliance is the peak body for workforce development of our industry in Queensland and works to deliver tangible benefits to help sustain and grow Queensland’s fitness, sport and active recreation sectors.
Formed in 1993 as the Queensland Fitness, Sport and Recreation Training Council, we have rebranded from the former QFSR Skills Alliance in 2019.
Active Queenslanders Industry Alliance works closely with peak bodies, industry organisations and associations, employers and individuals to ensure we are the voice of the industry in relation to the skills and training needs and other workforce development issues. This includes working with Service Skills Australia, and the Queensland and Australian governments.
A healthy vibrant industry ensures it has a trained and qualified workforce, that has up-to-date skills in adequate numbers to provide the services where they are required. Proper workforce development assists industry to attract and retain workers. In the fitness, sport and recreation industry this applies to both paid employees and volunteers.
Additionally, Active Queenslanders Industry Alliance provides direct support to eligible fitness, sport and recreation organisations, clubs and associations to assist with education and training, strategic and financial planning, database management, legal and HR advice and information on being ‘grant ready’.
Who We Are
Active Queenslanders Industry Alliance supports the fitness, sport and recreation sector workforces and provides free or subsidised services to eligible organisations across a range of areas, including:
- Workforce Development and Training
- Volunteer and Club Support
- Database Management
- Club Health Checks
- Strategic and Financial Planning
- Education and Training Resources
- Legal and HR support
- Grants information
Our vision is we operate at maximum effectiveness, through a workforce that is skilled to meet the needs of the industry.
Our mission is to assist industry to achieve positive workforce development to help sustain fitness, sport and active recreation sectors in Queensland.
Some of our key workforce development goals are:
- providing advice to and working with government to deliver the annual workforce development plan on behalf of the fitness, sport and recreation industry throughout Queensland
- supporting and encouraging industry networks to collaboratively work together to identify, influence and implement solutions to workforce development needs and challenges
- collecting information from industry on issues, needs and trends, and reporting this information to both government and industry
- brokering and undertaking projects that support workforce development in the industry
- developing workforce planning and development products, services and information to assist industry to effectively attract, develop and retain its workforce
- providing advice to training organisations, industry and government on industry training needs, products and expectations.